Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm getting MARRIED!!

Today marks Ben and my two year anniversary. We have literally been through everything... so many ups, and SOO many downs. we had a rough start. but something was holding us together even when I thought it was not going to work out of the best.

Although that was the past, and very small details on our road to happiness. we have grown so much in the past two years, and we have only grown closer together. at first, I knew that I loved him differently then I have ever loved before, but I didn't know it was a spend-the-rest-of-my-life-with-you kind of love. but I quickly learned.

Ben had been putting together a dinner for both of our families. both sets of parents, his sister, her husband, and their kids. Family is important to both of us, so I loved the idea of everyone getting together and spending time together. the mixing of families was so much fun to me. All of the sudden, Ben makes a speech about how happy he was that everyone could make it. he went on to talk about how our anniversary was in a few days and how he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. So sweet, and I immediately started tearing up just at that. he then proceeded to get out of his chair, pull a box out of his pocket, get down on one knee and ask me to be his wife. I THOUGHT I DIED. to be honest I think I blacked out for a second. I have been replaying and replaying and replaying this in my mind. I can't stop thinking about it, and I couldn't be happier.

Now and forever, I get to have Benjamin right next to me, and this rock on my hand--

I WISH a photograph could do this ring justice. It can't. I tried.


                                             
now I can't get weddings off my mind. we haven't talked about details yet, but I am still obsessed with them. I cannot stop thinking about what I want to do, who's going to be there, when it is, what I will be wearing... so much to check out and I am so excited. I hope to get to celebrate with Benny this weekend so we can spend some time together without and kids around. I am so excited he wants to spend his life with me... I just want to smother him. but, in a good way.

my new family :)

Ben and I are so lucky to have a family like we do. the support we are receiving is tremendous! Even when we surprised everyone by announcing my pregnancy. They have so far been by our side and rooting for us through everything we have gone through. I am so thankful for all of them, and so lucky to get a great set of in-laws!!


I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him!!! we are going to do some amazing things together!! ♥ ♥ ♥

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you!! Love you!! Isn't great being someone's fiancé?!

    ReplyDelete